PDA

View Full Version : need help with a simple script to improve my pipeline

Piotrek255
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi

quick summary of what the script should do:

I need a script that would merge new models with bones/animation/helpers etc. from some other max file (names would be the same) to my original max file with beauty pass settings/material setup, and the newly merged models would replace the old ones and inherit their materials, position and linking information.

---------------------------------------------------------

more detailed explanation:

I noticed that not all actions are visible in maxscript listener, the two major ones i need are linking objects to one another, loading xaf animation format and importing/merging/replacing materials. The thing i would like to achieve is:

I have one assembly scene with my beauty pass setup

then i create additional scenes

I get a new model with new animation in a separate scene file (names are the same)

now i need to merge the new model to all of the scenes so that materials/linking/animation are the same.

I have a nice script that opens all my max files and executes custom maxscript file before opening the next max file. I could just copy and save to maxscript file what i got from maxscript listener when merging new models to my assembly scene. Then just load it to the script i already have and it would open the other render pass scenes and execute the same actions.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.