PDA

View Full Version : mentalray batch render status 210 error

jasonmi
12-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Hi

I know this has been posted a few times in the past but there doesn't seem to be an answer suitable for me.

I try to run a batch render using metal ray and the result is an error message and 'Maya exited with status 210'

Incase the error was with my scene i created a new scene with a simple object, animation, colour, 3point light setup and raytrace shadows, and no renderlayers besides the master layer, and I still got the error message.

Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Loading GoZ support...Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultOptions'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session.
File read in 0 seconds.
Result: C:/Documents and Settings/jasonmi/My Documents/maya/projects/MICHAELANGELO_david/scenes/untitled__4216.mb
Error: The renderer mentalRay is not registered yet.
Error: Scene C:/Documents and Settings/jasonmi/My Documents/maya/projects/MICHAELANGELO_david/scenes/untitled__4216.mb failed to render.

// Maya exited with status 210

Any ideas?got LOADS of rendering to do and haven't got too long to do it!

Thanks in advance

jsells20
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Check this out...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-479706.html

It seems if you render with .exr the error you described occurs. Does this error occur in 2010 for you?

djx
12-30-2010, 03:58 AM
The warnings about the unrecognized nodes all indicate that the mentalray plug-in is not loaded. Can you think of a reason why it would not be loaded? If there were no other errors then I would suggest checking that mayatomr is set to autoload in the plugin manager.

David

jasonmi
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
thanks for the replies.

i'm using 2011. Wasn't rendering with .exr was with .tiff and non of the tips there helped me.
And mentalray plug-in was loaded, but still wasn't working, though worked for single frame renders just not batch renders.

A friend suggested to delete preferences so resets to default, and what do you know it worked.

Thanks for help anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2010, 12:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.