PDA

View Full Version : Lost Boys Learning

smd9
12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I thought I'd try create a thread for people to discuss their experiences with Lost Boys Learning. If you've gone through the program would you care to mention what it was like, and what you liked and didn't like? What advice would you have for students considering the school? I've read some reviews online but I thought this might be a more open way of discussing certain aspects and getting questions answered. Thanks!

MON80
12-31-2010, 04:40 AM
Hi!
I'm a graduated from LBL.When I first came to Canada I was considering VFS and VanArts, but later on I knew about this school on the island that was offering the same as the other schools but with way more attention to the students for being a small class and that school was Lost Boys. I enrolled and I'm very glad with the decision I made. I found myself in a school that was inspiring me and motivating me all the time and a mentor who was always ready to help me. I have to say I liked a lot the program, the mentor, the drawing classes and the projects. One of the greatest things is that even after I graduated I still can have their guide for my career. If I could do it again I will!
Good luck in your decision!

CavemanFx
01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
I'm a VFS and a LBL graduate and I really enjoyed both schools, but LBL is a very personalized teaching. The mentor always gives the time you need to guide you through. If you are looking to learn visual effects, at LBL you will get much more visual effects practice, since in each term you have several vfx projects in which you have to include everything that makes a complete visual effect shot. So instead of making one single project during 6 months, here in LBL you will be making 7 or more projects during the year. Each project with different and interesting challenges in a real like studio environment experience.

I hope this helps.

CavemanFx

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.