PDA

View Full Version : [C++] Gray screen when drawing in the overlay plane

Inos
12-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a problem when trying to draw in the overlay plane. For example, in the custom select tool, when I click and drag the cursor, the view becomes gray, so I can't see what I'm selecting until I release the mouse button. Sometimes it's even worse, as the view stays gray even after the mouse button has been released.
I enclose all the drawing in view.beginGL() and view.endGL(). Is there something else that has to be done? I have the same problem with various examples from RobTheBloke and other sources, so maybe it has to do with something other than the code itself?

Thanks in advance.
Inos

Inos
01-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm still a beginner in openGL, so I really don't have a clue on how to tackle this. Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers,
Inos

Inos
01-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I can change the color that remains on the screen with glClearColor(). As I don't want any color to actually remain there, it would seem logical to just set the alpha to maximum regardless of the color used, but there's no difference when I set, for example
glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
or
glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
In both cases, the viewport stays black. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers,
Inos

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2011, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.