View Full Version : Error message at starting
10-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Anyone have this error message when trying to start PAINTER 7
"Tiles: out of Tiles"
Is driven my crazy, the worst is that message stays and no leave, no matter what I do
The only thing thas has change before the error is that I upgrade the RAM from 768 mg to 1,5 Gigas.
Anyone has a theory, Iīll we please to hear it
Thank you all.
EDIT: I must add that I re-install the program several times with the same result: the program start loading the plug-ins, etc etc..
the the GUI appears and then the error message
10-15-2003, 12:48 AM
If you don't already have the Painter 7 Update (patch, either downloaded or included in your Painter 7 software), I'd recommend downloading it, then Uninstalling Painter 7 and reinstalling it, then installing the Painter 7 Update. This patch/Update solves some problems, adds a couple of nice features, the new Tinting brush category, and you can also download the Groovy Brushes. You'll find both the Painter 7 Update and the Groovy Brushes at:
NOTE: Before downloading and installing the Painter 7 Update (large file!), check to make sure you really need it. If you purchased Painter 7 more recently, it may already be included in your software. See Step 6 below for instructions to check the Painter 7 version number.
In order to prevent problems when you Uninstall and reinstall Painter 7, and/or install the Painter 7 Update, follow these steps exactly:
1. Uninstall Painter 7.
2. Manually delete any remaining Painter 7 folders and files.
4. Install Painter 7 and don't open it even one time.
5. Install the Painter 7 Update.
6. Check to see if the version number is 7.1.357. That's what it should be. In Windows, to check the version number, right click on the Painter7.exe file and choose Properties. Click the Version tab and if you don't see 7.1.357 in the upper right corner, under "Other version information", click "Product Version" in the left panel. In the right panel, under Value, you should see 7.1.357. (Someone else will have to tell you how to check the version number on Mac's. Is it in Get Info, possibly?)
8. Launch Painter and happy painting!
10-15-2003, 10:27 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Thatīs solve all my problems
really, thank you for your help.
10-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Great news! Thanks for letting me know it helped.
Hang on to those instructions since you may need them again sometime.
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.