PDA

View Full Version : Gnomon Entertainment design

otouto
12-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking to study 3d modelling for games and i thought about going to Think Tank or Gnomon, but, Gnomon tuition is quite high and i'm not sure i can handle it yet.
also, i thought that it might be better to hone my traditional skills before taking an intensive 1 or 2 year programs of intense 3d.
so i saw the entertainment design program at Gnomon which is not very expensive and seems very rich in terms of traditional skills that will help me become a better modeller (character, creatures and environments).
after taking this year i thought about either doing somethink like Think Tank or maybe somehow i'll be able to get the money for the 2 year CG program at Gnomon (of course this will be only if i like it there).

Ps. I'm an american citizen so visa's and such are not a problem.

in the end my questions are:
1. what do you know about this program at Gnomon?
2. do you think it's a good plan to take 1 year of traditional skills and then another 1-2 years of specific 3d at maybe another school/country?

maybe i'll have more questions as this thread develops.

tnx for your help!

taxguy
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I like the Gnomon's Entertainment design program. It provides a lot of computer graphics fundamentals that many folks don't have. However, it isn't as popular as their two year computer graphics program,which is probably why it is less than half the price per quarter. If you have strong fundamental art skills, you probably don't need it. If you don't , I th ink it should be taken before you take their two year computer graphics program.

jesse92
01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
if you can, youŽd be better of going for the 3 year program, which is fundamentals and cg, but if you cant, id say go learn traditional skills somewhere else, or by yourself, and then go and take the 2 year program.

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2011, 11:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.