PDA

View Full Version : Help! Maya Compile Error!

M-J
10-14-2003, 10:49 AM
hey everybody,

every maya plugin that i try to compile since i installed maya5 reports a compilation error when trying to compile the file "MIOStream.h". It says: "iostream.h" no such file or directory.

i mean, usually you would include it like this #include <iostream>, right? but in MIOStream.h they include it like this #include <iostream.h> and that doesn't work, at least on windows.

does anybody know what i should do?

thanks
MJ

playmesumch00ns
10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
#include <iostream> is the proper one. iostream.h is deprecated, although alias still seem to insist on using it for some reason. What compiler are you using? You should have both, I know VC.NET and gcc come with both.

If it's causing errors, i'd just hack the MIOStream.h file, though I've never had any problems with it myself.

M-J
10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
i'm using vc.net 2003. do you mean that it should work with iostream.h as well? hmm...it unfortunately doesn't :-(

well, i tried to hack MIOStream.h but then there's alot of new errors popping up...don't know what to do.

thanks anyway

MJ

playmesumch00ns
10-15-2003, 10:21 AM
What I mean is you should have iostream.h as well. On reflection, trying to hack the Maya headers might not have been such a good idea. Out of interest though, what were the errors you got, did you just try replacing all references to iostream.h with iostream?

I've got iostream.h in my VC.NET (don't know if it's 2003 though).

See if you can get VC6, I believe that's still what Maya's compiled with. Bloody Microsoft, they finally make a compiler that's even 90% close to the C++ standard, and then they go and hide it behind all this .NET bollocks.

If you know someone who's got a copy of VC6, see if you can copy their header files, or try downloading a distribution of GCC or MingW and using the header files in those distributions instead.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.