PDA

View Full Version : Zombie tutorial - question

LimonaM
10-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Hello.

I'm using zombie tutorial and in lesson 8 part 1 i have problems. Tutor is using two tools: recording rest rotation and recording rest length. I can't find them. And he si saying that the first one is at the "shift-r" shortcut (as default). But i don't have it. And the other one at "r". With the first one all rotation chanels should change to "0". So i used record pivot rotation to do that.
I find tols rest rotation, rest length, rest position. But they open in new windows (except for rest length) and i have to fill them manualy. In tutorial everything was working automaticly. I gues i'm missing something. So can someone help me with that tools, where are they. And if the record pivot rotation was wrong or is that as recording rest rotation?

Thanks.

Facial Deluxe
10-14-2003, 10:45 AM
There is no "Record Rest Length", but "Rest Length".
It's either in the Bones Properties Panel, or under Objects/Bones/Rest Length.
Rest Length is use to set the length of a bone, if you increase or decrease the value, you'll see your bone growing or getting smaller.

The "Rec Rest Pos" command is at the same place : under Objects/Bones/Rec Rest Pos.
"Rec Rest Pos" for Record Rest Position (and Rotation) basicaly says your bones "in this position & rotation, you don't deform the mesh", that's why it's called Rest :)

Dodger_
10-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Can you post a link to the tutorial you're talking about? It wasn't in the tutorial list post by Chewey(other than a zombie rig).

ptaverner
10-14-2003, 10:37 PM
I'd like to see the tutorial also. :)

Peter

LimonaM
10-15-2003, 05:37 AM
On www.3d-palace.com. Go to video tutorials and to lightwave.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.