PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Forest - Enviroment - James Martin

james_martin
06-01-2002, 06:38 AM
Trying to think out side the box here, ironicly enough, I figured enchanted forest arnt real.....except, that is in books. so my forest is growing out their seed -- books. On one side we have the gloomy, death becomes you, enchanted forest. On the other, we have the cheery, follow your heart, enchanted forest. Each growing out of a different page, yet the gap is joined by a small bridge across the two.

james_martin
06-01-2002, 06:39 AM
dont know about the colors, i swear it didnt look like that in photoshop. This is a WIP of course

chadlychoo
06-01-2002, 06:57 AM
Awesome concept, VERY origional! Cant wait to see the final product.

james_martin
06-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Straight scan of the sketch. nothing digitial yet

ZrO-1
06-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Ahhh that second pic looks a lot beter. I had an idea for this: being that you have one page with all dead trees and one page with all live ones a thought popped into my head about the bridge. You could have it be like a bridge over the river stix(styx?). And you could have a waterfall coming off the top book running down the rest.

Just a thought :p

I like your sketch so far though. Any background on the concept of it?

james_martin
06-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Hmm, Thats a really good idea, i like that. If i can visualize the way the water will look ill do that, would really add to the point of the picture. As far as the conception of the piece theres sadly a baren tale. I was at work and doodling and it just came out. Didnt really think about it at all. Thanks for the idea about the river styx.

Tommy Lee
06-02-2002, 05:14 AM
The Idea is damn nice... also the artwork.

Love it till now, waiting for color....:applause:

This will be a damn hard challenge for all,... one good idea hunts the other, so....

GOOD LUCK FOR YA ALL!!!!:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

james_martin
06-02-2002, 06:15 AM
Thinking about these colors, looking for some opinions

Kirt
06-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Wow! This is a really cool idea. I like what you got so far. Adding the river/waterfall will be even better. You should also try making the books look like ancient tomes with leather and brass bindings. Maybe add some texture to the covers that look like ground cover (rocks, craggled dirt, moss, etc) and have the waterfall flow through the crevaces (sp?). Then you could even have some creatures, snakes, fairies or whatever peeking out from the pages of the other books.

I'd definately stick to earth tones for the colors though. And add some sort of background so the books don't float in a white page. Maybe a table with some other magical things? A wand? A crystal ball? A skull candle?

james_martin
06-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Started editing a bit

ZrO-1
06-02-2002, 09:25 PM
That's looking great. I like your warm color scheme.

I'm honored you liked my river idea. :blush:
One thing you could consider for "fencing in" the river as it cascades down the front of the books is to have desktop type items on the various parts of the books. Things like a short stubby pencil, one of those pink rectangular erasers...things like that could work to contain the river to a certian path. :shrug: Just a suggestion.

Great job so far though. I really like it.

james_martin
06-03-2002, 05:30 AM
Corrected the colors

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.