PDA

View Full Version : Maya crash on export with custom node

sauzer
12-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi all,

I created a custom transform node basing most of my code on the scripted plugin that comes with Maya: rockingTransform.py

However when I export my scene to Collada and the scene contains the custom node, Maya crashes.

At that point I thought there was something wrong with the way my plugin was written, so instead I tried to export my scene with a rockingTransform node in it (and without the one I wrote). This also makes Maya crash.

Is there a solution to this, or it is just not possible to have a scripted plugin based node in the scene and export to Collada?

Thanks

zoharl
12-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure why it gives you any trouble, it seems just to add some attribute. I would try to export small objects first, or maybe try to construct a simple example using rockingTransform and try to export it. In the worst case you could always write your own exporter. The most basic one would be to remove the rockingTransform from the scene, export the scene in the usual way, and then add the rockingTransfrom info into the collada.

sauzer
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
The scene I exported is actually containing only a rockingTransform node and nothing else. I tried by compiling the same plugin but the .cpp version and that worked fine.

I am currently doing what you suggested and change my node with a regular transform node right before exporting, but I would like not to do this.

Do you know if there is something wrong with the rockingTransform scripted plugin, or maybe in the way Maya deals with exporting scripted nodes?

Thanks

zoharl
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry, I just gave you a general solution. I never heard about this rockingTransform, and just read its abstract.

sauzer
12-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Does anybody else have an idea?

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2010, 09:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.