PDA

View Full Version : turbulent flame incandesence

zachgrachan
10-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Hey all,

I've been working with some of the fluid examples, trying to rip them apart and figure 'em out. Right now I'm trying to do a campfire/fireplace size flame, and I'm basing it on the turbulent flame example. As a start I tried to set all my settings real close to theirs, and then I tweak to see what things do (not tweaking theirs directly just makes me look through every menu by force).

Problem is, I can't figure out how they did the incandesence. All the notes say is that temp is the input for incandesence. Which tells me little....

The ramp(built in, not a node) has a white input near the start, and a black one near the end. That's all the colors it's showing as parts of the ramp; but then it's got yellow and red in the middle! This makes the fire look transparent in parts (cuz it's black) and then gives a great "glow-to-fade out" kind of a look to it, quite realistic.

There are no expressions, outside utility nodes, extra ramps or textures of any kind (that I can find) hooked up, and yet they've got extra colors! Please explain the madness!

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.zgrachan.com/fluidsIncandesence.jpg

ps. sorry 'bout the looong post before the actual question!

Bitterpea
12-16-2004, 04:18 PM
the value on the white component in the ramp is set greater than one, but there is a color. The component looks white, but as it fades to black the colors show.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.