PDA

View Full Version : Cats, Juji (2D)

Juji
10-14-2003, 03:17 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/41580/Cats_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/41580/Cats.jpg)

This is my first post here.:blush:
My friend has a cat that loves to get in people's hair and that is what inspired this. It's kind of awkward. Her left hand (under hair) is holding the little cat up. I love to paint fabric so this was fun for me.

Photoshop, many hours

bumskee
10-14-2003, 04:32 AM
beautiful!
done well with her dress, looks really good.

WillJohn
10-14-2003, 07:07 AM
the little white cat is hard to see.

And , the orange one disapears in the bg

Maybe a little sheen on the outline?

-Will

OrcOYoyo
10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Actually the white cat was one of the 1st things i spotted on the picture :D
also i don't think there is something wrong with the orange cat disapearing in the bg a little but well thats just what i think.
But the dress is realy realy nice not to mention the girl :thumbsup: :D
but i think the white cat looks like its floating thats a bit strange

Incitatus
10-14-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by WillJohn
the little white cat is hard to see.

And , the orange one disapears in the bg

Maybe a little sheen on the outline?

-Will

I'm thinking you might need to set your monitor or something, because I don't see anything of the sort either.

Very nice painting :applause:

empty thought
10-14-2003, 01:37 PM
bizarre, but very well executed, i think the cat could be more visible tho, it would help the image

chenga
10-14-2003, 01:59 PM
:love:
Very nice work dude!!!
The color mood is very nice, achieved unity.

the lower part of the body seems missing the legs.
the cloth form seems not communicate well to show the flow that created by the legs.

if the orange kitty could face in with her, it would creates a better composition which directs the audience's eyes back to the painting itself. Most of your characters tend to direct the eye movement pattern outside the canvas.

This is just some of my personal thought :p

:beer:

Wonderer
10-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Beautifull image! I love her dress and the pose. The only thing I can see that bother me is the colour on the background, wen you surround the image, you can notice a clear diference in the colour in the botton of the chair she is siting, it would help to darken a little bit.

MoD_Legion
10-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Did any of u actually see the third kitten? Took me a while to spot it heheh.

Its look absoluty fabulous though I have to agree that the flow of the dress makes it look like she has no legs, but, perhaps she doesnt :shrug:

Aelius
10-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I think it's cool that the cats reveal themselves one at a time as you look at it. The girl's dress is pretty stunning too. Judging by the rest of her figure, I'm guessing she's got an amazing pair of legs under there!!

EnderW
10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
very good work

the light is very template , and the chair is beatiful

i like me

-------------------------------------

NOSFERATU WIP (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56313&perpage=15&highlight=nosferatu&pagenumber=2)

Adriano
10-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Beautiful! You have good lines, good focal point and the color well chose. Her face is also very expresive.

cermit
10-14-2003, 03:31 PM
wow...looks outstanding

GUYJIN
10-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Lovely!

ceql
10-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Wow, love everything about this picture, her face is particularly good, and her pose, the dress, the colours, (and the kittens are cute!), very nice! :applause: :applause:

Ac0rN
10-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Nice painting , she's a beauty :drool:

Tex3D
10-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Very nice!! I like the little kitty in the background. Looks good-n-fluffy!

What kind of material is that supposed to be? Lots of sheen to it. No biggie since fancy shmancy dresses often have a sheen, but I wonder if the arms and the fabric have almost the same "shinyness".

I dunno,. maybe it's my monitor.

Love the girls face.. Lots pf attitude there.

Excellent :thumbsup:

-Dave

Thats what we need here..MORE KITTIES!!!:love:

Miss Hippo
10-14-2003, 07:11 PM
love the dress....awsome...it would be nice if someone actually made it...hehhe:love:
it's a very beautiful painting...but it would have been better if the orange cat was on her lap...maybe playing with a part of her dress (cuz it's so big and beautiful)....but either than that awsome job!

Rubberduckie
10-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Wow! Thats real slick...i have a fren thats mad about cats n kittens...shes gonna love your work. Only crit...well...to me anyways, is that her torso is a tad bit large...and that her face doesnt kinda fit the mood of the scene...but i love your fabric...n ur cats! They look so cute! :love:

sad
10-14-2003, 08:04 PM
very good. thatīs a painting style i like!

RedEye01
10-14-2003, 08:21 PM
Very serene. Beautiful work JUJI! Based on standards of pre-computer artists, this is top notch. Have any larger versions of this image?

Boone
10-14-2003, 09:07 PM
The Cat's Meow!

Or in Elfwood talk...

"Her Raven-haired beauty inspires me to look out on this cold winter night, staring out across the hills in the vain chance of seeing the lady dancing with her cats..."

:p

HOON
10-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Aha. haha
you are here now!

and being loved. sweeet!

ninja noodle
10-14-2003, 10:20 PM
nice painting!!! seen your work on gfxartist, love your painting style!! :thumbsup:
cute kitties! :love:

Kel Solaar
10-14-2003, 10:34 PM
She is beautifull!!

Signal2Noise
10-14-2003, 11:00 PM
I like it!:thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, did you use a tablet at all?

I ordered a Wacom Intuous2 6x8 Platinum Ed. through my local pooter shop. Should have it tomorrow!:drool:

AtrusDni
10-14-2003, 11:08 PM
my only crit would be that cat is kind of hard to see, its a little hard to tell what is going on at first, but still, this peice is awesome. Good job! :scream: :applause: :beer:

Juji
10-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
I like it!:thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, did you use a tablet at all?

I ordered a Wacom Intuous2 6x8 Platinum Ed. through my local pooter shop. Should have it tomorrow!:drool:

That's exactly what I have. :) Intuous2, but mine's 10x12. Too large. Yours will probably be handier to use. So congratulations!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I love comments.....:)

snowkiwi
10-15-2003, 12:26 AM
What a beautiful woman. Would love to see more of your work.

Trickster
10-15-2003, 01:05 AM
WAH!! (<-------chinese ver. of WOW) :D

very nice picture!

man... i'm crying cos i hate cats but now i really have a soft spot now! damn it!:annoyed:

markbones
10-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Great picture - I love 100% Photoshop stuff like this. I love the pose, the fabric of the dress, the cats too. One thing I am wondering is how her legs might be posed under the dress. The dress is big and very fluffy, but there is no indication of her hips/thighs, or where her knees might be, etc. It seems the only way she could be sitting like that without her legs causing the dress to form around them (at least a little) is to have them tucked down and under her with her sitting closer to the edge of the chair than she is, and her knees bent way underneath the chair. IMO... :shrug:

Good stuff :)

johngloid
10-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Awesome stuff. Did you use print reference or a live model?

facial
10-15-2003, 04:33 AM
Nice work here :thumbsup:
What i'm thinking is it will be more interesting if you make the material of dress more like silk.:)
Well done.

nvaughn
10-15-2003, 04:34 AM
Love how everything looks so soft, with subtle shading everywhere. Excellent job! I think the wedding dress she is wearing was perfectly captured. Nice style and originality.

pearson
10-15-2003, 05:28 AM
I like it! But I think that, although her face is well rendered, everything around it, arms, hair, chest, cat, are all very loose. Her arms are hardly more than gestures. The place with the most rendering, and which attracted my eye long before her face, is the folds of her dress near her waist, next to the cat. The detail should draw the viewer in to your focal point, getting gradually looser and looser the farther you get from that point.:shrug:

Of course I can't paint for crap so kudos to you! :thumbsup:

phoenix
10-15-2003, 06:16 AM
love the cloth...and especially the part where the there is design on it.....:thumbsup: very impressive

olijosman
10-15-2003, 07:49 AM
beautifull ;) :thumbsup:

Beholder
10-15-2003, 07:58 AM
Give me more indication what the woman is doing to the head kitty. Is she picking it up off of her head, then show me a kitty being picked up. As it is, it just looks like its sitting too high on her head. I know you say she's holding it up but it just doesn't come across. Every still image has a history of movement. Show me that history.

I don't see any value changes in the lower part of the dress that would indicate legs. It's mildly disturbing. Robert Henri would say that clothing's main purpose is to accentuate the form, not hide it.

Otherwise, great composition. This looks less like pop art and more like fine art so it doesn't have to pander completely to the burger and fries crowd. No worries over hidden kitties.

IDownupI
10-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Veryveryvery veryveryveryvery Nice :applause:

Ndru
10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
lovely.....:drool:

:thumbsup:

Intonater
10-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Nice work man,really nice work! :applause:

Saeed
10-15-2003, 02:56 PM
very nice.lovely.:applause: :love:

emptyvoxel
10-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Quite a beautiful image! I may as well weigh in on the 'legs' controversy and say that when I first looked at the image I thought she was sitting crosslegged under her dress.
The fabric is beautifully done, and appears to be carefully studied in a masterful way. The first things I thought of when I saw your painting were Ingres' "The Bather of Valpincon," and the cape on Todd Mcfarlane's "Spawn" character.
As for the issues others have had with disappearing cats and the sheen on the dress, I just don't see them. This image appears to be an exact replica of an image you had in your head, and you've conveyed it beautifully.

:thumbsup:
-Tencendur

guereja_1
10-15-2003, 10:44 PM
I love the way to did her face...and her form. it all ties together but yes, the orange kitten needs to be facing her to tie the 'painting' together...and yes, the legs. it's really a good good job and i wish i had the patience and determination to do something this good. great job! :thumbsup:

Andy741
10-16-2003, 02:45 AM
That dress looks cool. Have you seen any of Manet's portraits? It reminds me of his work.

RYGUY182
10-16-2003, 04:03 AM
awesome:buttrock:

BlakDraGon
10-16-2003, 10:44 AM
*I love it. I reminds me ogf Madame X by John Singer Seargent.....
Very classically constructed. Great use of depth and hue. Gives the viewer a taste of the flatness of 16th centuary classicism mixed with a millineum feel of 21st century eroticism.....2 thumbs up!:applause: :

fizzgig
10-16-2003, 07:46 PM
looks great. love the detail in her dress

lildragon
10-18-2003, 10:35 AM
I loved everything about this image when I first saw it, and still do! But the cat above her doesn't bug me, it's the one on the chair back, it just seems unfinished to me. Aside from that the shear elegance and beauty of the lady won me over, I love the folds in the dress and her pose is quite nice. Job well done

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Excellent work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_oct03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

cyrenevjacob
10-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Wow! Fabulous pose and what a great dress....though she would have been more sensuous if she was looking up at the cat on her head...great work!!! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

ICY
10-29-2003, 09:57 PM
I just love it!!! Do you do a pencil drawing first or you start in Photoshop?

Juji
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Why yes, I did do a pencil sketch first. :)

YUI-SUZUKI
10-31-2003, 12:38 AM
Wow !!Beautiful~~~~
I love it, too~~~:love:

dreamz
11-09-2003, 05:46 PM
what a pleasure to see u here, congrats on the CG award u sure deserve it, keep up the fabulous work!!!! :applause:

DoLeeP
11-11-2003, 01:03 AM
great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BaastetNoir
08-30-2005, 03:55 AM
Love it !! and that dress is amzing ... Just beautifull !!

dash2k4
03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Absolutely amazing!

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.