PDA

View Full Version : Particle Instancing hair

Haganeyu
12-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Hi, I'm kind of a newbie here and need some help, did a search already and could not find anything so if I'm asking something that is in fact incredibly simple or obvious, apologies.

I have been trying to animate small bacteria landing on a leaf, so I created my base bacteria (kind looks like a rod) and then instanced it and made it fall and collide with the leaf ( i followed this great tutorial http://www.learning-maya.com/index.php?article_id=257, of falling leaves with random rotation).

But then I found that the rods are penetrating the leaf, and well not looking organic enough because the bacteria stay stif instead of beign wobbly and what not. So i added joints and parented the joints to a hair system which looks organic enough but I can't seem to instance the bacteria with the hair dynamics applied, the only thing that gets instanced is the mesh.

Up to now what I'm doing is to manually duplicate the object and individually rotate each one, then i group all those and duplicate them and put them a little bit farther up to simulate a "rain".

But of course that is not ideal, so is there any way to instance my object with the dynamic hair already attached, or are there other ways to do this like soft bodies for example (I do not have much experience on those I'm afraid so I don't know where to start).

Anyway thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2010, 12:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.