PDA

View Full Version : These delicate light bounces...

Silgrin4D
12-20-2010, 02:15 AM
...I know, "Where`d that button go", etc., but...

Does anybody knwo when & where is the Radiosity (GI, or whatever you call it) expected to return to Blender`s inventory? It seems completely gone, and this tool is really fundamental to a self-learning amateur (and I think almost all Blender users are!)

Maybe some developer can say a word?

RichardMarklew
12-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Renderosity is gone and not coming back.

There is 'Indirect Lighting' in the World settings.

hvanderwegen
12-21-2010, 07:01 AM
For architectural rendering GI/radiosity is nice, though I would suggest you have a look at Luxrender for an excellent alternative.

Btw, GI can be faked effectively in a number of ways in the internal renderer. Much faster to boot, and way better for animation.

Silgrin4D
12-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Renderosity is gone and not coming back.
There is 'Indirect Lighting' in the World settings.

Thx... Frankly, I tried fiddling with it a bit, but with no sensible results. Do you know any new tute for this feature 2.5? Unfortunately, all I can get is for the old 2.4x "Renderosity";) engine.

Thx in advance...

...GI can be faked effectively in a number of ways [...] better for animation.

Yes, I actually do it now, and struggling with all these area lights is rather an inefficient way of getting things done when all other software can just do it with the 3pt scheme, or even with a single rude bulb. Especially for sb who is not a pro, neither hopes to access a high-notch training in the near future... R`oosity was my bridge to the skies;) What other ways of simulating it did you mean? Never found anything about..

RichardMarklew
12-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Thx... Frankly, I tried fiddling with it a bit, but with no sensible results. Do you know any new tute for this feature 2.5? Unfortunately, all I can get is for the old 2.4x "Renderosity";) engine.

Thx in advance...

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Using-Indirect-Lighting-in-Blender-2.5/55917
http://vimeo.com/10170820

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2010, 08:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.