PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Modron
10-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Why is Blender subforum lumped together with Wings3D? Because they are both free? herm? I find this silly. Blender is a powerful piece of software and should not be defined by it's price, or lack thereof. :annoyed:

Apollux
10-14-2003, 01:29 AM
It is a looong history.. let's just say that we should be gratefull that the Wings folks decided to give us a hand and opened the Blender forum as it is.

Withouth the help of the "Wingers" and specially Sheep-Factory, Ja-forreal and *cough cough* Apollux there wouldn't be any Blender forum around here.

There was a long and quite heated discussion about opening a Blender independent forum and at the end the idea was turn down... Then we convinced Sheep-Factory to give us the opportunity to test the idea and so he oppened the Blender forum as a test-rum (despite the fact that he voiced agains oppening it).

Those were some hard days, even attachments were not allowed since we were only an experiment... about 1 or 2 months later Sheep gave us the green light ;) and here we are still.

By the way.... I' m glad to see that forum is getting new posters and new air... we were almost shut down some time ago. If you search on the old threads you will find one called "Is this forum dying a slow dead? "

Modron
10-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Ah ok. Thanks for explaining. I guess I shouldn't push our luck then. :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.