PDA

View Full Version : Which Loomis book to start with?

Devotion
12-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I have downloaded all Loomis books, but now I'm rather confused, which one is the best to start with? Or are they all completely seperated from each other and can I just randomly pick one?

Also, how did you start learning using Loomis?

I'm new to this, and I'd like to start well instead of having to redo everything later on.

(The reason I need to pick 1 as first, is because I'd like to get it printed, but don't want to spend too much on it, bridgman is already 349 pages...)

Lunatique
12-19-2010, 05:05 AM
It depends on what level you're at as an artist right now. If you are a total beginner, you might want to start with Fun With A Pencil, which is written for the younger person. If you are beyond the really basic stuff, then start with Figure Drawing For All It's Worth or Successful Drawing. Creative Illustration is more advanced, and Painter's Eye is probably the most advanced.

What I would suggest is you simply scan through all the books to get an idea of what the overall focus is about, and then decide for yourself which one fits your current growth the most.

Devotion
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Thank you for your kind answer, I'll start with Figure Drawing For All It's Worth whilst reading Fun With A Pencil to learn the basics that I would have missed out :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.