PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray materials on Maya problem!

paskill
12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi,
this is my first post in this forum.
I've a problem with mental ray material in Maya.
I don't know if is about my version (2011) but... i descrive you, my problem.

In the scene, i've one creature into a capsule, and in front of this, i've a glass wall.
the glass material is a mia_material_x_passes, with opacity 0%, refraction 100% and IOR.
Creature material, like glass, is a mia_material_x_passes, with opacity 100%, with color and normal map.
But the creature isn't visible between the trasparency.
I tried to change the material, with other mentalray, but the result is the same.
The material back the glass, isn't visible.

Only visible material is the lambert maya standard material.

This is the render:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/210/renderconistruzionimate.jpg

Please help meeeee!!

InfernalDarkness
12-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Are you saying that the only material you are able to make visible inside the glass is a basic Lambert? Or are you saying you NEED that lamber there?

Have you checked your ray-depth in your Render Settings? Also, are you using imported geometry? If you imported an .obj file, the default settings on its Shape Node will be "Visibile in Reflections" and "...Refraction" = Off. Be sure to check there too, and also on your shaders themselves. You can override the ray-depth on a per-shader basis too, perhaps you did that at some point and forgot about it?

paskill
12-20-2010, 08:22 AM
I solved the problem.
The problem are the .obj exported from zbrush, and "refrection and riflaction visibility in render"
thanks man ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2010, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.