PDA

View Full Version : ISO Maya mirror shader advice

typotter
12-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi, this is my first time posting and I've been using Maya less than a year so I'll try to provide as much info as possible. Please let me know if you need more to go on.

I applied mia material x to the mirror and I'm having problems getting it to look just right. First off, let me know if I should use another material or shader. I did have a dgs material at first, but changed it to mmx so I could get more options.

Next, the reflection for the window isn't working out. As you can see; the light is way blown out in the mirror. I have spotlights behind the window to rim light the frame since it's a hopper style window and it's partially open. I originally had an area light there, but it wasn't working out so well. Would the spotlights be my problem, the MMX settings, both, something else?

Lastly, I need to make the mirror look dirty and old. Any tips or suggestions would be awesome. If I can get the aforementioned worked out though, I can possibly figure out the rest.

The render is with max samples at 2, but there's still a little noise along the floor since I didn't properly adjust the light samples yet. The textures aren't done yet either, just sort of came around to the mirror and now it's sucking up all of my time.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/Asepticflesh/Digital%20Art/Maya/trashyRestroomWIP.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2010, 04:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.