PDA

View Full Version : Particles won't render? AVFX3

Hordak
12-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi.

I have a can where I want some of my particles to run down the surface and other to stay at their birthpoint.

Now I think I am doing everything right, but my running particles won't render.

Why is that?

(From Allan Mckays tutorials from AVFX 3.)

MSun
12-15-2010, 09:35 PM
they won't render cause they don't have a shape, try putting the shape in the very first even with your render and material.

Hordak
12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
they won't render cause they don't have a shape, try putting the shape in the very first even with your render and material.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried doing that and that doesn't do anything. It's only the spawn that doesn't render. The particle it spawns from renders, but the spawn doesn't even render when I put a shape operater in all of my events...

:(

Hordak
12-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I think it's the "break off when exceeds" parameter that does it in event 002 (the lock/bond test.)

I'll send the file if anyone wants to look at it..?

PsychoSilence
12-17-2010, 03:49 PM
is your viewport amount the same as the render amount?

Hordak
12-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes it is/was.

I solved the problem by adding an age test to Event 002, uncheck "break off when exceeds" in the lock/bond in the same event and link the age test to event 003.

Now the particles render...

It works, but I don't understand why :shrug:

JohnnyRandom
12-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Couple quick things I do to check a flow, the first is turn on Option Menu->Track Update->Particle Count, so you can watch the particles travel through the flow in the particle view, this is particularly helpful when, as in your case the particles aren't rendering, since they haven't made it to that event yet.

Also if possible, dump the particle count to like 10 particles (or the least amount possible that particles travel through all of your events), select the Test you want to adjust in the particle view, start the playback, and start adjusting the Test Operator params the satisfy the test conditions. This gives you an idea of your min/max values to satisfy the test.

The default "break off" values take quite a bit of force to break particle binds, you can also lower the Position Force percentage to get the particle to release easier as well. You setup looks like it should work, I don't know how much force you are applying though.

Of course an Age Test works just fine too :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2010, 02:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.