PDA

View Full Version : Messiah 4 demo probs

Mattrne
10-13-2003, 12:08 PM
I've just got hold of the Messiah Animate 4 demo and am trying to go through the tutorials.

I'm onto the advanced tutorial for Compose. The third step of this says;

'Go to the Clips sub-tab and open the Modify block. Using the File pulldown, load Compose_Advanced_MotionClip.mcp from the Scenes\Tutorials folder. '

However, when I go to the Clips sub-tab, there is no modify block. All I can see is a minimized bit called bake. Can someone put me out of my mysery and tell me where my tiny little brain has taken me in the wrong direction?

Cheers,

Matt.

WesComan
10-13-2003, 05:19 PM
Hi Matt

I think this is a little 'issue' in compose. To make the Clip block appear simply make a clip of something in your scene, it can be anything like a null just sitting there doing nothing. Once a clip is in there you can then use the file requester under the Clip block to load clips. Hope this helps :)

Mattrne
10-13-2003, 05:27 PM
OK Thanks for that I'll give that a go when I get home. I tried running this on my workstation at work today, to see if i could work it out, but there seem to be massive problems with the display on my wildcat. Anyone else ever had screen redraw probs with Messiah?

I want to get intouch with the guys at PMG but can't access their webiste and so can't find how to contact them... :(

gsuttor
10-14-2003, 03:25 AM
Maybe this will help with the wildcat?
From a message in the yahoo group:
=======================================
Go to the Display Properties panel -> Settings -> Advanced ->
->{Your nVidia card tab} -> OpenGL Settings and DISABLE
the "Use unified back/depth buffer". If this doesn't help try
changing also the Buffer Flipping Mode to "Use block transfer".

I wonder if this is gonna be fixed eventualy. It was fixed for the
Wildcats, but not yet for the nVidias. I dont know about ATIs or
other. Its realy annoying having to visit the OpenGL settings every
time you enter and exit Messiah, since it is not the only OpenGL
application on most workstations...

and also from a search in this forum...

the demo version is not like that...it's an ATI issue...no prob with nVidia - gF or Quadro...pmG says that most cards support OpenGL but not all are fully 1.2 compliant e.g. Radeon...pmG's code does some things differently than other apps aparently...the entire interface is OGL based... I have speed problems with 3.3 with my wildcat VP too..demo or not.

chikega
12-19-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by WesComan
Hi Matt

I think this is a little 'issue' in compose. To make the Clip block appear simply make a clip of something in your scene, it can be anything like a null just sitting there doing nothing. Once a clip is in there you can then use the file requester under the Clip block to load clips. Hope this helps :)

Just went through this tutorial myself - and ran into the same stumbling block. Thanks for the heads up, WesComan. It's amazing how different the Compose feature set is from the online docs now. :)

elfufu
05-06-2004, 01:38 AM
did anyone figure out the problem with the wildcats and the messiah? i have a 5110

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.