PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow, let it snow, what the??

moovieboy
10-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Hey folks!

I've a weird thing happening when I'm trying to make a "plate" of snow particles...

It's pretty basic: I've got a comp twice as wide as DV (1440 x 480). There's a black solid (or black jpeg) with a line emitter along the top dropping the standard "snow" particles included in C*2. Nothing is changed in any parameters except velocity.

But here's the goofy thing... Schematic view, particle preview, render queue window before processing all show white particles on a black background...

But the rendered frames themselves, whether previewed on screen or rendered out have white particles on a grey screen. :surprised

I've been sitting on this darn thing for hours, trying to see what button or setting has been overlooked and it's making my head spin...

Anyone else trip over this one before?

Thanks in advance! :D

-Tom

dmeyer
10-13-2003, 11:48 PM
I don't have c2 in front of me at the moment, but off the top of my head...
make sure that "Premultiply Color" is checked in the RenderQueue dialog.

Chris
10-14-2003, 05:12 AM
its not that pesky little "use screen colour" setting on the viewport's right-click menu is it?

moovieboy
10-14-2003, 06:10 AM
In my gut, I want to say "nope" to both possibilities but next time I'm home I'll triple-check. Thanks guys, I'll let ya know! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.