PDA

View Full Version : nparticles and ncloth issue.

HenrikLundberg
12-15-2010, 02:23 AM
Essentially I created two ncloth bags that tear, they work fine but what is a problem is the 2nd bag which is within the first ncloth bag I have filled with nparticles. Essentially what I am trying to do is have the nparticles explode out once the bag pops. Having difficulty with this.

What happens:
-The Nparticles if mass is to high rupture the bag which looks awesome but at the wrong time and ruins
simulation
-The nparticles just stay in the bag even though its ruptured and nucleus gravity is on (should I try the field gravity?). Some fly out but only a small amount.
-after keying the attributes to trigger wind nucleus after the final key which sends it flying out via wind they just freeze in mid air.

I was wondering if anyone has efficient ways of using ncloth containing nparticles to explode.

The nparticles are set to water preset.

Extra Note:
Also tried a cylinder ncloth with input mesh at max and tearing down the side but the nparticles dont leak out they just stay in it or push out of the bottom even though it doesnt tear at the bottom.

HowardM
12-15-2010, 02:01 PM
not really sure what is causing what, sounds like you may be going about things wrong way...

but one thing that may help is you can assign a ramp/texture to the glue strength of the tear, so you can make your particle mass higher, and control when the tear happens with the ramp/texture..
or perhaps you need to make the glue strength higher so the particles dont tear the bag so soon?

HenrikLundberg
12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
well the nparticles are just not behaving like I want, I want them to explode out when the bag which is ncloth containing them like a balloon of water, ruptures and they barely do and then when I key animated the wind it still didnt work.

Well if I am goin about it wrong is the method you mentioned the best way to have ncloth bag filled with particles rupture. Imagine a water balloon popping.

The other test I did with a cylinder I wanted the cylinder to tear open which it does but then the nparticles dont flood out, gonna try it with balls preset might work then rather than the water preset.It isnt flowing out like normal water should.

HowardM
12-15-2010, 02:43 PM
hard to tell what your methods are or if youre doing things wrong...

but here is a quick test ;)

again you can control the tear if you need, using a ramp/texture on glue strength (do a search for my other posts to learn how)

as for floating, etc.. make sure gravity in particles is on...

again so many variables, youre just going to have to play around and tweak it and test it, the way Ive learned... lots of trial and error...

HenrikLundberg
12-15-2010, 04:59 PM
cheers for you help

HowardM
12-16-2010, 09:43 AM
No worries, lets see what you come up with ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2010, 09:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.