PDA

View Full Version : Animating Particle Flow to Audio

josh247
12-15-2010, 12:15 AM
Hi,
I have experience in 3ds Max concerning visualization but not so much particle systems and animation. I am currently trying to animate a PFlow system along the z-axis in accordance to an audio file but am having some problems. The flow of particles are discordant and abrupt. I am currently applying an audio controller to the PFlow systems z-axis, as you can see here:

http://i53.tinypic.com/351946f.jpg

You can see the problem and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Bobo
12-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi,
I have experience in 3ds Max concerning visualization but not so much particle systems and animation. I am currently trying to animate a PFlow system along the z-axis in accordance to an audio file but am having some problems. The flow of particles are discordant and abrupt. I am currently applying an audio controller to the PFlow systems z-axis, as you can see here:

You can see the problem and any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

The default Viewport Integration Step of PFlow (equivalent to sample rate) is 1 frame. It is quite possible that reducing the step to 1/8 frame will improve the quality of the result. Note that the Render Integration Step can go down to 1 tick, calculating hundreds of samples per frame (4800 per second).

The Integration Step controls can be found in the PF_Source > System Management rollout.

josh247
01-06-2011, 02:15 AM
That worked perfectly, thanks Bobo.

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2011, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.