PDA

View Full Version : oral cavity - smooth bind - weird deform

DangerAhead
10-13-2003, 09:30 AM
I have a smoothbound nurbs mouth cavity. when I turn the neck I'm getting some really messed up geometry.

It works fine until I turn the neck... then it gets jacked. I've tried parenting to different joints from the root to the jaw and still getting weird deformation.

then someone said "rearrange the deformation order" which I've done, but am not seeing any difference. If I turn the skin cluster off, it snaps into place, but then it ignores the jaw movements... what the .....

any ideas? anyone?

Tamtam
10-20-2003, 11:56 AM
did you delete history before binding?
sometimes if i model one half and dublicate to the other side and atatch and then move the object one side dosnt go with it

DangerAhead
10-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I went and bought "Maya Character Creations" by chris maraffi and "Stop Staring" by Jason Osipa and discovered what my problem was. I was trying to use a Lattice with a smooth bind, but that will cause a double transform no matter what. I tried modifying the deformation order with zero effect.

Also the geometry was all jacked up. Something only an amatuer would not notice. I started from scratch. It's working now. Great books.

Thanks.

DangerAhead
10-24-2003, 02:25 AM
Okay. discovered that lattice CAN work with Smooth bind. I just didn't know how to do it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.