PDA

View Full Version : C v3-> Now Includes Re:Flex Morpher at no Charge !!

Jack Pfeiffer
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
hi..

Combustion v3-> Now Includes Re:Flex Morpher at no Charge

Good news! A user has posted at the Discreet Combustion Forum that he was just at a Discreet Demo of Max 6 & Combustion 3 --- At this demo, they announced publically that Cv3 will ship with Re:Vision's Flex plugin for morphing and warping !

You can read more about Re:Flex here: http://www.revisionfx.com/rflx.htm
(Download the demo to try it out.)

In fact, at Re:Visions website they have already posted that RE:Flex for combustion 3.0 is bundled with combustion 3 at no extra charge. See for yourself at:
http://www.revisionfx.com/rflxprice.html

regards,

Jack

dmeyer
10-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Awesome. :buttrock:

Now if that "Pending Shipment" sign on the order page would just turn to "Shipped" ....

dfusion
10-16-2003, 06:18 AM
And people complained that v3 wasn't a "major" upgrade.. haha! Nice one discreet! That was awesome!

:thumbsup:

PPGINGRAS
10-16-2003, 04:46 PM
But its still as slow as it was...:thumbsdow

Im on a Dual 2.2 Xeon with Digisuite Full and its still soooooooo freaking slow...

Schematic are faster tho...but who uses it???:shrug:

PPGINGRAS
6ixDegres

Chris
10-16-2003, 07:03 PM
Thats a bit odd, is that the same machine you were running 2.1 on? All the speed tests I did showed C3 to be substantially faster than 2.1 (in the realms of 110% - 150% faster depending on what you are doing)

PPGINGRAS
10-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Im on the exact same machine, same config...What was taking 2 hours to render in 2.1 is 1h58 in 3.0...

so .01% faster...:shrug:

But im not complaning, C3 is not a Flame so...Pay less = Render more.
Generally, i love C3, the workflow is a bit faster and the new tools are amazing...

PPGINGRAS
6ixDegres

Jack Pfeiffer
10-16-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi...

I have used the Matrox Full Digiuite board extensively......
You mention your rendering times are LONG with that board....
But, I have to ask, Are you processing your video at "lossless?"
If so, that would explain a lot !

Explaination - The Full DS is capable of Motion-JPEG "compression" - and you have the ability to set that "compression" to "mathematically lossless" - which is very much like WinZipping your AVI file (It's "compacted," but much like winzip, ALL your file info is there....) > OR <
you can use normal M-JPEG compaction with frame rates from 500 KB per frame and lower...

What rate are you running?

Tip: If you want to use BackBurner, Matrox does offer a FREE Matrox MJPEG codec software codec for your other rendering machines... Big Note: you can't network render an AVI file- It MUST all be rendered on one station... (explaination: AVI (audio-video interleaved) means it must be processed on one station.)

regards,

jack
denmark

PPGINGRAS
10-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Im using the Matrox M-Jpeg Lossless compression.
Are you telling me that rendering with M-Jpeg alone will speed up my renders just because its less compressing the AVI?

Will my playback be the same?

Will the quality be the same too?

Is there any ways to be able to get a REALTIME playback within the DigiFULL's C3 Framebuffer. Because now, after Ram previewed a portion of a project, i only get HALF framerate/speed into my monitor. Why is that?

Thank you Jack

PPGINGRAS
6ixDegres

Tocy
11-04-2003, 03:07 PM
PPINGRAS - here at work we use digisuite dtv and lx, along with combustion as you, and get the same speed issue since a long time as you mentioned. C2, and 2.1 is amazingly slow! Especially with masks, paint and particles (of course:)). We have another serious issue, when network rendering with our renderfarm, through backburner: many times the machines begin to loose layers, more and more, and then rendering only black frames. No problem with cooling, network data rate (I think), so we dont know what the problem could be. Do you have similar problems, or have some tips what should we do?
BTW C3 support digisuite iframe avi to work with? And opens C2.1 files without problem?
Anybody help...

Thanks,

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.