PDA

View Full Version : Animating

Nemlet17
12-13-2010, 02:59 AM
So I want to make a spaceship fly within Vue but when I do test it just frustrates me. Here is my problem. Let's say I want it to go from point A to B in .5 seconds really fast. That is no problem, it keyframes ok but when I want it to go from point B to C moving at a very slow past for 10 seconds, it ends up making some kind of curve on the line in the viewport so my object goes backwards and forward to the ending destination. Any reason why? I can explain more detailed if needed.

RLM
12-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi Nemlet17,

Although I have not yet got around to actually doing any animating within Vue itself. It sounds like an issue related to the interpolation of your animation curves to me.Simply put, the way in which your animation is being processed between keyframes. I would recommend searching for topics on this subject within the downloadable Vue user guide, as I am sure it's covered in detail in there. Otherwise, see if there are any tutorials on the subject over at: www.geekatplay.com

Good luck and I hope that helps some.

RLM
12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
This video may be of interest to you:

http://www.geekatplay.com/flvplayer/player.php?pathinfo=animation/5SplinesOverview

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.