PDA

View Full Version : Which pose?

eYadNesS
10-13-2003, 03:10 AM
Which pose (base pose) do you prefer (1 or 2), when you are modeling human character, and WHY?

gmask
10-13-2003, 03:13 AM
Actualluy spread eagle is better with is arms out and legs spread apart to a lesser degree but not together as you have in 1.

At least for maya the initial settings for smooth bind are happier if there is seperation of the limbs.

Stroker
10-13-2003, 04:01 AM
My first question is always: what will the range of motion be? Once that is answered, try to find the mean.

For example, if I'm only planning on doing simple leg animation, then the legs a little close together. If planning on doing Tae Kwan Do, then the legs further apart.

Same thing with shoulders and wrists.

Not always possible, but it does help.

eYadNesS
10-13-2003, 10:32 AM
I prefer to model pose 2, I think it's the best way to get a good deformation when the legs open alot, and look of the shoulders will be good if I make the arms down...

Thanks gmask, Stroker for replying... :)

I post this, because I saw many artists here in WIP section take the pose 1...

mjm
10-13-2003, 02:35 PM
There's a great thread on this over on spiraloid:

http://cube.phlatt.net/forums/spiraloid/viewtopic.php?TopicID=195

I prefer modeling relaxed (2). Modeling Da Vinci creates stress in the limbs/deformation that needs to be corrected when rigging.

eYadNesS
10-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the link mjm :)

j3st3r
10-16-2003, 12:56 PM
The best would be to make arms bent a little, not spread like this, and the legs apart a little. The character must look natural even in stance pose, because you will model extremity into your base pose, and during animation you could recieve awful artifact. For simple characters I`d suggest the classical T pose, but for complex characters I suggest what I mentioned. If you model in neutral (really neutral) pose, your animation would look more natural.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.