PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions (Flags/GroupBox)

Asgaard
10-13-2003, 02:39 AM
Hi,

I've got two questions

I want to create GradientRamp Maps with MaxScript. I know how to access existing flags in the actual Ramp section. But how can i create them with MaxScript?
The Macro Recorder doesn't give any clues on that.

Second question is:

As far as i know, the GroupBox UI element seperates any other UI elements in a utility/rollout/dialog.
I remember a script where the creator assigns those "other" UI elements to a Groupbox. But i can't find that script anymore. The Maxscript reference doesn't help either.

Thanks in advance

-Asgaard

P.S. My English is not the best in the word, i hope you know what i mean...

LFShade
10-13-2003, 03:28 AM
Sadly, you cannot create gradient ramp flags with Maxscript:(

You don't need to assign controls to a GroupBox, you just lay them out inside the group box. The GroupBox is just a visual separator, not a true container object like you have in, say, Visual Basic.

RH

Asgaard
10-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the quick Reply

thats a shame...

Yeah, but i want to assign them :)
I want some container with UI elements in it which i can blend out easily. Something like: Ok...now i hide the Groupbox with all Buttons in it.
I dont want to set the visibility of the buttons one by one.
so long...

-Asgaard

By the way... Is there any way to get noticed when a subobject level changes? Like a message max sends out?

frogspasm
03-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Only a year and a half later... :)

I just put in a wish list request for this one the Discreet Support forum.
It would also be helpful to be able to load or save a gradient ramp preset through maxscript.

Funny, it lets you edit the extra flags after they've been created...

~Mike D.
Grrrr, Arrrgh.

Bobo
03-21-2005, 02:38 AM
Only a year and a half later... :)

I just put in a wish list request for this one the Discreet Support forum.
It would also be helpful to be able to load or save a gradient ramp preset through maxscript.

Funny, it lets you edit the extra flags after they've been created...

~Mike D.
Grrrr, Arrrgh.

Yeah, I saw it. But don't hold your breath - Digimation wrote the GradientRamp before there was MAXScript, so the way it manages the flags is just counter-MAXScript. It is not about fixing it, it is about rewriting it... :(

ofer_z
03-21-2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I saw it. But don't hold your breath - Digimation wrote the GradientRamp before there was MAXScript, so the way it manages the flags is just counter-MAXScript. It is not about fixing it, it is about rewriting it... :(

which wouldn't be such a bad idea.... maybe if they do, they'll finally allow to plug maps into the flags and not just colors.... (dreaming of better days.. ;))

Bobo
03-21-2005, 03:16 AM
which wouldn't be such a bad idea.... maybe if they do, they'll finally allow to plug maps into the flags and not just colors.... (dreaming of better days.. ;))

You can plug maps into the flags since day one, only the MAXScript access is crippled.

ofer_z
03-21-2005, 04:53 AM
You can plug maps into the flags since day one, only the MAXScript access is crippled.

damn! how did i miss that all this time!
well... you learn something new everyday... :)

galagast
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
another neat thing about gradient ramp i learned was using the MAPPED option.. one could greyscale a colored bitmap or transform its colors and all... well.. i too hope that its soon it will be possible to create flags through maxscript... :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 11:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.