PDA

View Full Version : batch "uniquifier" and namespacing

mpc2000
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I’m looking for a solution to have max identify unique nodes and their children (if they have them)
and assign a numerical prefix namespace followed by a colon, preferable with a fixed number of characters. i.e “hips” becomes “001:hips” and so on down the hierarchy and in every hierarchy.
Is there a script out there like this? As of right now I’m having to namespace hierarchy-by-hierarchy for interop purposes and my hope is to be able to batch-process multiple scenes this way with Batch it.
The Soulburn scripts have a “uniquifier” that makes sure nothing in the scene is unique but it does so by adding digits at the end of the filename, which is problematic for my purposes. If I could use that same algorithm to add namespaces instead of digits to the back of the name it would work. As is the script says “itemname“ and what I would want would be something more like ”[:]itemname”, which doesn’t work and is probably pretty laughable to anyone who knows Maxscript ;P
Thanks for the info/help :)
WG

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.