PDA

View Full Version : Nuke gizmo installation problem

chazfest
12-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi,
I just can't seem to figure out how to successfully install any custom Nuke gizmos that I've downloaded.

So far, I've created a 'menu'py' file in my '.nuke' folder, and entered this line of script:
toolbar = nuke.menu('Nodes')
toolbar.addCommand('Keyer/KillSpillPlus', 'nuke.createNode("KillSpillPlus")','ctrl+k')

The gizmo appears under the 'keyer' menu, but when I click it, I'm greeted with the following error message:

KillSpillPlus: unknown command
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
RuntimeError: KillSpillPlus: Unknown command

Any ideas? I must doing something really basic wrong I'm guessing, I just can't for the life of me figure out what that is!

Thanks in advance.

alkali22
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
1) Is the .gizmo file named "KillSpillPlus.gizmo"?

2) Is the .gizmo file also in your .nuke folder or some other folder that you've added to your Nuke Path with an init.py?

chazfest
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM
This is turning into one epic thread :)

The .gizmo is indeed called 'KillSpillPlus' and it's located in both directories.
Scratching my head over this one, I'm new to Nuke, but not to the industry.

Thanks for all the replies guys, and for the screen capture sathees, amazingly thorough of you :)

beaker
12-21-2010, 06:50 AM
try this:
nuke.menu("Nodes").addMenu("Keyer").addCommand("KillSpillPlus", "nuke.createNode('KillSpillPlus.gizmo')")

chazfest
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Quick update, I am, it seems, bonkers.
The gizmo's now show up and work fine inside Nuke.
I'd put them all inside a plugins/user/ folder within the .Nuke folder, just to keep them organized.

Good times :)
Thanks to everyone for their help, and apologies for my mistake!
Oh, and Merry Christmas!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2010, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.