PDA

View Full Version : Latest Aqsis updates

pgregory
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
All,

Following up on the recent announcement about the performance work underway on Aqsis. We can now show the latest fruit of this work. A new screencast showing near realtime depth of field and motion blur made possible with the core refactor.

http://blog.aqsis.org

Paul

DanielWray
12-09-2010, 01:44 AM
Looking very good Paul.

Quite excited to see where this is going, keep us updated! :)

tyrantmonkey
12-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Awesome news! Hours ago I purchased an e-book on Render Man so that I could better learn how to use the current version of Aqsis. Looking at what you are developing gets me even more excited.

fahr
12-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Looking good! Now if only someone could dust off Liquid for Maya and make it work well with Aqsis things could get really interesting. :)

playmesumch00ns
12-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Great stuff Paul.

Is the roadmap for aqsis documented anywhere?

pgregory
12-13-2010, 08:01 AM
fahr: Agreed, I tried recently to get Liquid to build for Maya 2011 for someone who popped into our IRC channel, it was painful to say the least, and only partially successful. It's a shame that a product with such potential has been allowed to get into that condition.

playmesumch00ns: Unfortunately, not at the moment, I will try and get an official roadmap, although probably without strict dates (nature of voluntary Open Source development) as soon as I get some time, it'll be on the Wiki, so just keep an eye out there.

One more thing, I should clarify that this work to improve the performance of Aqsis is almost entirely down to one person, Chris Foster, who is currently re-engineering the central core component of Aqsis. All credit and congratulations should be directed towards him.

Cheers

Paul

fahr
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Paul, where you grab the liquid source from? I could be wrong but I don't think sourceforge has the most recent build. Im pretty sure it's defunct, but I did hear that it was being maintained and in use at a couple of studios as recent as a year or two ago. Can anyone in the know shed some light on this? There may be a more current version floating around that never made it back to sourceforge.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.