PDA

View Full Version : particle speed by bitmap

Cam-A
12-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi,

I am trying to create an effect not dissimilar to the scene in the Matrix when Neo sees the world as just code, like this:
http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/movies-wallpapers-pictures/neo-matrix-reloaded-movie-wallpaper.jpg

However what I want to do is a little different. I want to have particles (instanced geometry, which will be cards with a texture) fall from above camera, when they reach certain points they slow down and arrange based on a (hidden) bitmap texture to effectively form the shape of someones face, then after a brief pause continue to fall.

Essentially the particles should take their position and speed values based upon the greyscale luminance values of the photo or video footage texture of the face. So this means the particles don't just stream down over a mesh or volume contnuously...they need to pause all at once and then continue falling.

Any idea if this is achievable? I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Cam-A
12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Ok sorry I realise this has been asked in a similar way before...should have searched before asking!

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2010, 08:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.