PDA

View Full Version : Blending Different Looking Surfaces into One

SuperMax
10-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi All,

Im texturing an old wall here using Photoshop7.

Ive got two different looking surfaces that i want to place on this wall.

The bottom half is smooth but a little bumpy, The Top Half is made out of large Stones.

These two textures work nicely together to make a nice wall but its the part where one ends and where the other starts thats the problem.

The smooth part is on the lower part of the wall, Ther stony part is the high part of the wall.

Id like to know how to Blend the end of the smooth part and the start of the Stony part together. So it all just looks like its one wall.

Hope I made sense.

Equinoxx
10-13-2003, 08:14 AM
use a blend material. put the stoney material in the upper slot.
and the smooth material in the lower slot. then use a painted black & white image in the blendslot so it blends the two materials accordingly.

basically, i'm thinking you're going for a worn down wall right, where the smooth surface is the original 'new' wall and teh stoney part is where time and environment had their effects on it.

so paint a grungy map where the tpo half is black and the bottom half white with a jagged difference between them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.