PDA

View Full Version : Need help with nvpx error

uchiharuin
12-07-2010, 06:41 AM
this message always pops up everytime ---> unknown property: "modifiers" in undefined"

and then in the Maxscript Listener, it shows this:

-- called in i loop; filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\scripts\nvpx\px_globals.ms; position: 32590; line: 1221
-- Frame:
-- tt: undefined
-- t: undefined
-- i: $big_wall_E09
-- called in PxLoadSavedPose(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\scripts\nvpx\px_globals.ms; position: 32701; line: 1226
-- Frame:
-- called in PxStopSimulation(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\scripts\nvpx\px_globals.ms; position: 39801; line: 1564
-- Frame:
-- called in px_stopSimulationForEditing(); filename: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\scripts\nvpx\px_watcher.ms; position: 4758; line: 232
-- Frame:
-- called in anonymous codeblock
-- Frame:
>> MAXScript Callback script Exception: -- Unknown property: "modifiers" in undefined <<

the "$big_wall_E09" is a group and i already tried to ungroup it, collapse the modifier stack, use the reset Xform etc.. but the error is still there.

i tried to google this error and i found out that its an error caused by PhysX but it doesn`t make any sense since i`m just modelling something and not actually using the physX tools. I hope somebody can help me.

thanks

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-07-2010, 07:31 AM
It appears Physx has some issues with groups being used in scenes. The only solutions would be not use groups or uninstall Physx. You could manually edit the files, but I don't have time to dig through the code right now.

-Eric

uchiharuin
12-07-2010, 08:10 AM
It appears Physx has some issues with groups being used in scenes. The only solutions would be not use groups or uninstall Physx. You could manually edit the files, but I don't have time to dig through the code right now.

-Eric

it works! removing all groups does work.

thanks Eric

but its just sad that i have to avoid using groups now though, and i don`t want to uninstall PhysX either.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Ok this may fix it.

WARNING: Alter at your own risk!!!

Save a backup of px_global.ms (located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\Scripts\nvpx\) as I won't be responsible for any issues it may cause
Open px_global.ms in theMaxscript Editor.
Change line 545 (in the 2011 AP version of the script) from:if isgrouphead(node) then modRB = node.children[1].modifiers["PhysX Rigid Body"]

to:if (isgrouphead(node) AND isValidNode(node.children[1])) then modRB = node.children[1].modifiers["PhysX Rigid Body"]
Execute the script.
So far I have seen no adverse effects, but have only done limited testing.

-Eric

uchiharuin
12-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Ok this may fix it.

WARNING: Alter at your own risk!!!

Save a backup of px_global.ms (located in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\Scripts\nvpx\) as I won't be responsible for any issues it may cause
Open px_global.ms in theMaxscript Editor.
Change line 545 (in the 2011 AP version of the script) from:if isgrouphead(node) then modRB = node.children[1].modifiers["PhysX Rigid Body"]

to:if (isgrouphead(node) AND isValidNode(node.children[1])) then modRB = node.children[1].modifiers["PhysX Rigid Body"]
Execute the script.
So far I have seen no adverse effects, but have only done limited testing.

-Eric

thanks Eric

the error never shows up after i use the code that you gave. however, a new error pops up when i started using the PhysX tools. but atleast it doesn`t bother me when i`m modelling. maybe i`ll just ungroup everything if im gonna use PhysX.

thanks again,
Leo

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2010, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.