PDA

View Full Version : vue 8.5 xstream for maya can not generate any anti-aliasing multi-pass images???

OnFooT BuG
12-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Hi folks,

I'v been very unhappy too with Vue 8.5 xstream for maya, with which I can not get any anti-aliasing multi-pass images at all!!! every single image is unanti-aliasing!!!

Is there any secrete settings for a well anti-aliased multi-pass image?

Thanks!!!

RLM
12-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I am sorry to hear about your issues, but as I don't use Maya or xStreme can't help. All I would say is that it should be able to generate anti-aliased images, so I would contact support either way on this one for sure. Maybe it's something to do with the renderer you have chosen within Maya. Which renderer are you using? Hope you get sorted,

OnFooT BuG
12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
RLM,Thank you for your reply.

Multi-pass images rendered with mental ray within maya are not anti-aliased,
while those rendered within vue standalone are anti-aliased.

RLM
12-07-2010, 11:29 AM
This is an obvious question, but could you try to render the whole scene with the Vue renderer instead maybe? It seems weird that e-n would not provide some way of rendering anti-aliased multipass images with Mental Ray when that's pretty much the renderer of choice by most Maya users? I only use the Infinite version of Vue so can't advise much further on the xStreme version though, hence why I am asking. Anyway, hope u get it all sorted and it would be great if you manage to post your solution if and when you do too.

Cheers,

Raptar
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I've found that generally Mental Ray has quite a few problems with passes in Maya unless you use the mia_x_passes materials

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.