PDA

View Full Version : nParticles' radius ramp broken?

agredbeard
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Hello all, I'm hoping someone has run into this problem before and can recommend a work around. I'm using nParticles in Maya 2009 Sp1a.

It seems like after working with nParticles for a while, the internal radius control just stops working and no longer controls the radius of the particles. Is this happening to anyone else? I once heard it was a Maya "bug".

Then when I try to work around this, and attach a ramp to radiusPP to control the radius, the result is not correct. There is size popping, and it's like the ramp only effects the middle of the particle stream, not from the beginning of the particle's life to the end. I'm simply trying to make the particles small when born, and increase to a certain size before dying out. But for some reason I cannot use Maya's ramps to control this as I should be able to.

Any ideas? I'd like to avoid using expressions as I may have to adjust this scale repeatedly for different shots.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.