PDA

View Full Version : messiah:animate 4.0 DEMO AVAILABLE!

fwtep
10-12-2003, 10:58 AM
The messiah:animate 4.0 Demo is now available at:

http://www.projectmessiah.com

Fred

dmaas
10-13-2003, 08:13 AM
Hiya Fred - Great to hear you guys are still hard at work making cool stuff! :)

moovieboy
10-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Excuse the apparent bitterness bubbling up in this question, but was there a particular decade that Messiah was going to let Mac people join in?

I remember talking with reps at Siggraph in 2001, and being told it was only a couple months away. Then after a year's worth of months, checking for updates on the site, nada...

Now I can't even find a mention of Macs or OS X anywhere on the PMG site!

Like I said, I've become pretty bitter and I can't be alone.

So, what's up?:shrug:

-Tom

Mattrne
10-13-2003, 05:23 PM
I know this is slightly off topic, but I downloaded that demo, got it installed and started going through the tuts and I cant complete the advanced compose one because it would appear that when you try to import the clip in about the third step, the menu items it refers to are nowhere to be seen on my version.

Anyone know if theres a tech support email for the PMG guys - I can't seem to get on their site today - probably used all my bandwidth up at work downloading all the stuff from their site yesterday!

fwtep
10-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Mattrne
I know this is slightly off topic, but I downloaded that demo, got it installed and started going through the tuts and I cant complete the advanced compose one because it would appear that when you try to import the clip in about the third step, the menu items it refers to are nowhere to be seen on my version.

Anyone know if theres a tech support email for the PMG guys - I can't seem to get on their site today - probably used all my bandwidth up at work downloading all the stuff from their site yesterday!

The two best places to get info are either the messiah forum here, or the messiah mailing list on Yahoo!Groups:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pmGmessiah/

But to answer your question, it appears that things changed slightly after that tutorial was written. For some reason now you can't access the Clip block unless you've created a clip. So select the Camera, then on the Tracks sub-tab press Copy on the Record block. Now when you go to the Clips sub-tab you'll see the Clip block at the bottom and you can continue the tutorial. (You can delete the new Group and the Clip you made if you want. It's not necessary though.) I'm sure that quirk will be smoothed out in an upcoming patch.

lmilton
10-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by moovieboy
Excuse the apparent bitterness bubbling up in this question, but was there a particular decade that Messiah was going to let Mac people join in?

I remember talking with reps at Siggraph in 2001, and being told it was only a couple months away. Then after a year's worth of months, checking for updates on the site, nada...

Now I can't even find a mention of Macs or OS X anywhere on the PMG site!

Like I said, I've become pretty bitter and I can't be alone.

So, what's up?:shrug:

-Tom

Hi, Tom:

No one that actually works for pmG would have told you that the Mac port was only a couple of months away. You were undoubtedly talking to one of the many artists that we brought on to demonstrate the software. That artist was definately... not well-informed. You have my humble apologies.

From the beginning, we've always said that the Mac version of messiah:studio would only appear sometime after the Windows/PC version actually shipped. And since we never actually gave a date for the PC version, it was impossible to give a date for the Mac version.

However, I do understand your frustration. Hey, we feel it, too. We *want* to give you messiah:studio for the Mac that you and many Mac users so desire. But as all companies do when embarking upon development of this magnitude, we've had some rather unforseen/unfortunate delays. Fortunately, that's all behind us. And judging from our user's response, we've done a great job. Very gratifying!

Now that we've released messiah:studio 1.5, we are in a better position to resume development for OSX. We've received very good assistance from Apple in the past, and I imagine that they're still just as anxious to see our software become compatible with their products. With the great people at Apple providing assistance, I'm optimistic about our success in this endeavor.

When there is more news about messiah for OSX, we'll post on our site, on the pmGmessiah yahoo group, and right here on CGTalk.

Thank you very much for your interest, and for being quite civil in your frustration. :thumbsup:

Sincerely,

-lyle milton
-co-president/developer
-pmG

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.