PDA

View Full Version : Maxscript UI unresponsive when using Cloth simulation

Pjanssen
12-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I noticed something odd today: when you've got a maxscript dialog and you use the "Simulate Local" feature of an object with a cloth modifier on it, the dialog becomes completely unresponsive.

maxscript code example:
rollout test "test"
(
button btn "click me"
on btn pressed do print "button clicked"
)

createdialog test

Has anyone ever noticed this before? And is there a way around this apparent bug?

denisT
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
local simulation waits for some mouse response. probably you have to stopLocalSimulation() to get your UI been able to catch the mouse. (keyboard entry has to keep working as I think)

Pjanssen
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Hmm that's not much fun though.. I'd like to be able to use tools while having the simulation going.
(I'm not starting/stopping the simulation through maxscript, rather running a script on the side while working with the modifier)

denisT
12-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Hmm that's not much fun though.. I'd like to be able to use tools while having the simulation going.
(I'm not starting/stopping the simulation through maxscript, rather running a script on the side while working with the modifier)

i don't have MAX in my hands right now. What's happening? You go to modify mode and currently active cloth modifier stops your UI catching the mouse events, doesn't it? Could you press the button using keyboard?

Pjanssen
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
You seem to be able to continue using 3dsmax as normal after pressing "Simulate Local", both with the mouse and keyboard. You can select different objects for example.
However, I just opened the track view while simulate local was active, and that dialog became unresponsive too....

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.