PDA

View Full Version : emitter particles morphing to target particles

thiesi
12-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I tested today a morphing from shape A to shape B (meshes) via particles. Shape A and shape B sitting in the same position.So it looks really like a morphing. My question is: is the same possible for morphing from one particle to another particle between particle type A with a shape A and particle type B with shape B? I think it isn't possible to select a particle system as a target mesh. But if it is in anyway possible (script or box#2 or box#3) it would be great to know. It's important to know that finaly all particles will be animated and not in a still position. But particles of type A and B should have identical count, identical birth time and identical position. Also identical will be the shape of all particles of type B. But different will be every shape of particles of type A. It will be fragments of a mesh which will be animated successively (like an explosion or an impact).

My consideration was at first to spawn particles from every single particle of type A. Then it should be possible to use the surface of particle of type A for a position object operator. (I tried a mesh compound selecting the particle flow generating particles of type A. But the mesh compund seems not to update during animation.) And finally the find target operator should use the mesh of particle of type B for travelling of spawned particles to target position.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2010, 06:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.