PDA

View Full Version : Hide from camera option?

eworc
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I haven't been able to find this info yet. In Vue, is it possible to hide an object from the camera but not the renderer. IOW, I have a sphere in the scene, I want the final render to show the sphere's shadow and reflection in other objects but I don't want to see the object itself. Now I know a solution is to just keep the object out of the camera viewing area but sometimes you want to cheat reality in an image you have formed.

I don't see any option for it in Vue 8, is there one in Vue 9....speculation that it could be a future option?

eworc
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, I found my answer and confirmed within Vue. There is material option for the render to show just the shadow of the object and not the object itself or any other emmision from the object, like a reflection.

Don't see the option in Ver 9 either. So hopefully Vue will add this setting in a future release. Should be a toggle situation...show object, cast shadow, receive shadow, cast reflection, recieve reflection, etc....and a way of choosing what "sees" what.

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.