PDA

View Full Version : animated texture for landing particles

thiesi
12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
by birthtexture it's possible to animate the position and time of birth of particles in one operation via whiteness in a material of a mesh. then it's possible to send out particles to an opbject by find target operator. but how can I do the same for landing like for birth? means: how can I tell particles to land only for e.g. by (animated) opacity or grayscale in the material of the target mesh? did anyone this with particle flow in max up from 2009 creativity extension? If possible I did'nt want use box#2 for this.

JohnnyRandom
12-05-2010, 08:34 PM
You would need to use Box#3 and a proxy particle system. Box#2 would certailny be good for interparticle collisions and the find target object collision.

It is a pretty simple setup. The proxy system would evaluate the current particle seed position on your find target object and write this data to a custom data channel.

This data is then passed to your main system to populate the script vector channel which is then used by the Find Target to place the particles by time (or speed, your choice, time seems more controllable), the particles land on the Find Target object and are then passed to a new event where their position is aligned with the proxy particle seed particle positions.

Note this is a simple variation, with matching particle counts, your may need the ID channel and some form of distance check or condition if your systems have varying amounts of particles.

thiesi
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
i will this figure out in christmas time with a trial of box 3 by orbaz. thank you so far - especially for attached file.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.