PDA

View Full Version : Foreground and Background color stuck

chflynt
12-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi all. I am experiencing a strange situation. The foreground and background colors are stuck as if they are in grayscale - both black or both white. When I try to reset them, it does not work. I am not in grayscale mode. Also, no matter what file I open, this is the case. It leads me to believe that something has changed in a preferences file somewhere. I have tried everything that I know, researched it on the web and found no reference to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erik Heyninck
12-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Did you try resetting the preferences? This is done at startup and by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) when you open Photoshop.

Your preferences will be deleted. All of them. Because the prefs file will be deleted. It may be corrupt, so you may consider trying it though.

It's always a good idea to save your preferences file when it is still new and fresh.

If it isn't this, then I wonder what it might be. In that case it may well be a good idea to contact Adobe's online help, and please let us know what it was.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2010, 11:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.