PDA

View Full Version : final renders look crappy..

Infinity3d4life
10-12-2003, 12:30 AM
is there something i'm doing wrong on here.. I'm combining live action and cg elements and when i render out the final sequence the results look very crappy.. there are artifacts and pixelization like crazy on em.. any help would be nice..

ViperGT
10-12-2003, 06:20 AM
Check your saver settings. They usually start out on really crappy quality, confused me for a little while too. ;)

-Viper

Jayk2k
10-14-2003, 06:14 PM
A little more info would help define "crappy"

Are you saving to an image sequence or avi? Does the result look the same if you render out to an image sequence?

If avi are you saving using a specific codec ? What are it's settings? Have you adjusted them under the DF's preferences to suit your needs? Have you adjusted the settings under the format tab of the saver? Only certain codecs allow settings manipulation under the format tab, and need to be adjusted under the preferences (divX for example).

Also check your render dialog box before rendering to make sure you haven't accidentally selected preview or another preset. Some earlier versions of DF allowed modification of the "FINAL" preset, and this could possibly be the culprit as well.

Infinity3d4life
10-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Yeh i should've put what codec i was using down..
I render out to a quicktime movie file and use sorenson video 3 codec.. I think that i might be able to get better quality if i were to render an image sequence and combine them in something like premiere.. I'm still very new to this application, but i think i'm addicted already.. I can't quit trying new thing with it...

Next time i render i will be sure to write down my settings so maybe we can fix the problem..

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.