PDA

View Full Version : Camera Shader: Glare (lume) + Render Pass?

jfincher
12-02-2010, 03:32 PM
I've been trying to figure out a way to get two rendered image files when rendering scenes that include the use of the Glare Camera Shader.

What I'm doing now works (use Rendering Presets and Batch Rendering to render the scene once with the Output box unchecked and then switching to a different preset where the Output box is checked in order to render out the Glare as an Overlay Only image), but there must be a way to render out the glare on it's own pass.

I tried working with render elements, but it didn't look like what I wanted was there - unless I missed it.

I also tried using Lens Effects under the Environment/Effects controls and was playing with a combination of File Output and Lens Effect > Glow, but, again, unless I was doing something wrong, it wasn't working or doing what I thought it would.

Any suggestions? I know there must be a way to do this without rendering the images twice - at least I hope - but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Most of my work can be rendered at night while no one is around, but should something need done quickly for a last-minute meeting, the ability to render the scene once would really be clutch.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ndeboar
12-03-2010, 01:58 AM
1. What renderer/3d front end are you using?
2. Pretty well all glares/glows are post effects, and so what most people do is just do them in comp. If you want some fancy glint/glare effects, check out Sapphire.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2010, 01:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.