PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Dom War V: Final Submission Information

Kirt
12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Some new information has just come in from the DWV site:For categories 3d and 2d, artists are now able (optional) to submit up to
12 extra images along with their final presentation image. These extra
images can ONLY be used to show the start to finish wip of the entry. So
they can show the initial idea sketch, concept, color studies,
step-by-step modeling, texturing.... all the way up to the final
presentation image. These extra images CANNOT be used for extra
presentation images, meaning renders of final image at different angles.
The deadline has also been extended an additional 48 hours to give participants time to prepare their images for submission. The new deadline is:

11:59 p.m Eastern Time, Wednesday, December 15th, 2010

Register on Dominance War V website (if you haven't done so already) and submit your final images using the links below:

3d: http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/minis/join_cgsociety_3d.html
2d: http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/minis/join_cgsociety_2d.html
Animation: http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/minis/join_cgsociety_anime.html

Kirt
12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Please be aware that you are agreeing to these new terms when you submit your work to the Pre-DWV challenges.In order to proceed, you must agree with the following terms:

This challenge is a non-profit event, however, we need to raise money for server, maintenance, prizes, man-hours and programming.

GameArtisans intends to collect artwork for this challenge and sell each category collection for $1.99US as reference collections for student and aspiring artists desiring to learn from pros and to see how great art was made. The small profit made from these sales will go back into making both Dominance War and GameArtisans.org a better and more stable place for all viewers and participants.

Benefits to artists:
- Artists, both viewers and participants, can easily collect all files for future reference.
- Employers can collect all files for future hire reference.
- Artwork is listed together with your contact info.

Benefits to GameArtisans (Host Website):
- Yay, we can help pay for a small percentage of the costs of this Massive Dominance War V Challenge

Please press cancel if you do not wish to help this community event.

Kirt
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Ideal images Criteria
GIF, JPG Only
No larger than 350k in file size
No larger than 1000w x 1000h
Must contain appropriate subject matter

Kirt
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Q: I just submitted some pictures for test and make sure the progress of DW MINI Challenge, and some question confuse me: After submitted the pictures in 2d and 3d sections, I even do not know where I should see them. I do not know how to delete the pictures which I submitted.

A: After submitting images, you would not be able to delete them. Only a GA admin can delete entries/images.

When you are uploading artwork, on the same page, if you press on the tiny thumbnail of your uploaded art, it will open a new page and show you what it looks like so far.

Q: Do we need to put the main picture, textures and un-wraps on the same paper 1000x1000 or they can make several? 1-Main pic 1000x1000; 2-texture un-wrap 1000x1000 3-beauty shot etc... ?

A: They can separate their images and have 1 main, plus construction shots, texture sheets, and WIPs for the rest. Please tell them that they should not make additional beauty shots. Only allowed ONE main finished final.
The 12 extra images are to show how they made that final.

Q: Are you also going to supply something in writing to the person who purchases these packages? I was thinking last night that unless it is made clear what usage rights the buyer has, there is a huge opportunity for the artists to get burned here. Whenever someone purchases something they might automatically assume that the art is theirs to do with as they please. I don't think we want to see random people using these collections to print their own shirts, posters, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc.

A: Yes, will write something down for purchasing rights to protect artists work from being manhandled.

Kirt
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
By now you may have seen that the pre-DWV challenge has hit another delay. I have just been informed that this will resume and the deadline has been extended again to December 15th (new deadline is updated above).

The submission page will be reopened at a future date, and you will need to resubmit your entry when it becomes available. Entries that were submitted prior to today will be deleted and will need to be resubmitted.

No further info is available at this time. Please do not speculate as to what is happening or the reasons for the delay. We have no information regarding the issue(s), so it's best not to jump to any conclusions. I will pass along any information as it becomes available.

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for your patience.

... and I just saw this (http://www.dominancewar.com/index_hold.html).
I would like to apologize to all artists involved for the delay of the pre-domwar challenge. I sincerely regret that new and old users had to experience a delay during a warm up challenge. It's unprofessional, and it is very upsetting to many artists and forums involved. However, due to recent accusations against Dominance War, Game Artisans, Unearthly Challenge and myself - the Founder, it was necessary to temporarily suspend all Dominance War functions to respond to the questions at hand. After reviewing comments online, the following voiced questions will be answered:

1. Who runs Dominance War and why?
2. Where does the money go that GameArtisans.org, the host of Dominance War, receive?
3. How does GameArtisans.org, an online website, get money? Google ads? Sponsors? Donations? Merchandise sales? Artwork sales?
4. Why and how was GAMontreal.com built and funded?
5. What happened with previous prizes for UC and DW?
6. Why was a new clause added at the very end of the challenge that enables GA to sell your work and give you no funds in return?
7. And finally, What happens next? Will Dominance War change?

All current submitted entries will be deleted from the system and the current Pre-DomWar challenge will be extended by an additional week. The new deadline is Wednesday, 11:59 eastern time, December 15th. All questions will be answered Monday, 13th of December, and the submission system will re-open at this time. You will have until Wednesday to resubmit your work.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2010, 02:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.