PDA

View Full Version : Confetti particles....

jamesgbrown
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey,

I am trying to recreate a small canon shooting confetti out of a box. I have got a box where the lid blows off using Reactor and this looks great.

However I am having trouble with the confetti.

At present I am using a SuperSpray to shoot particles into the air in a short sharp burst, and then I have Gravity spacewarp which is bringing the particles back down to earth.

The trouble is I cannot get the particles to float slowly to the ground as confetti would in the real world. I have played with all the settings I can find but I can't seem to get it right.

Am I going about this the wrong way from the start? I am using a SuperSpray as I want to be able to use my own geometry for the particles as I have modelled pieces of confetti as well as strips of shiny coloured paper.

I have looked for tutorials all over the web but haven't come up with anything that I think may work.

Any help would be really appreciated....

Cheers,

James

JohnnyRandom
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
You could lower the gravity value, secondly bind a drag spacewarp to the superspray as well, this will slow the particle drop and the drag will also gradually slow the particle more like confetti, it will come out fast then slow down.

If the particles do not slow fast enough, raise the linear value percentage in the drag spacewarp. Also make sure the drag influence duration matches your timeline or at least the duration of the effect.

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.