PDA

View Full Version : Baking texturs in Vue xStream 8.5 64bit

mdegab
12-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I was roaming around this forum, for some time now. Thanks all guys for all the information. Well done and keep it up.

I have a problem re Vue Xstream 8.5 with regards to generating color maps within the export object panel. i manage to import my own obj file with it own uv map.
But when i export it, xstream do not use my own map but create its own map, which is not good for me. Is there a way who to tell xstream to use my oun maps ??

Thanking you in anticimation

Thanks

jeppers113d
12-14-2010, 10:44 AM
lol don't you just love it when stuff like that happens, but, you definitely are in luck, this happened to me when i was messing around with vue 6 and there were no forums or anything to help us out with, but almost everyone who was die hard contributed to the cornucopia3d forums.

okay, this happened to me plenty of times exporting my objects from maya to vue. until i actually decided to read what was in the options panel haha low and behold look what's there! the answer to your problem... uncheck the dayam box and you got yourself your textures back!

here a picture of the menu option
http://img823.imageshack.us/f/snagprogram0008.jpg

~jeppers :banghead:

PS: hope this helps let me know if this solves your problem, if not i know something else that may help you

bruno021
12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Not sure I understand what you want to do: export a Vue object or an imported objet? Why would you export a non Vue object?
If you want to export a Vue object, wioth maps, just let Vue create the maps. If you have an imported object you want to use in another app, just use the original object in your other app, unless you modified materials in Vue, but then you'll want Vue to esport the new maps, so I'm kinda confused here...

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2010, 04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.