PDA

View Full Version : intersecting fractures

brainycomp
12-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Im having trouble fracturing my geometry using the voronoi fracture method. everything looks good after fracturing but i get a lot of intersecting. Im using a fracture script i purchased online...

berniebernie
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
you'll need to tell/show more if you want help

brainycomp
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
ok, so I have geometry, a chair that has been modeled/shaped/extruded etc. I am trying to fracture it with this fracture plugin i got online that uses the popular voronoi script. after fracturing the geometry, there are some pieces colliding with each other slightly...the edges on a few pieces are intersecting. How do I avoid this? Is there an easy way to remove intersecting pieces after?

thanks

HowardM
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
sounds like YOUR PLUGIN is at fault, not maya... maybe email the maker of the plugin?

brainycomp
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
good point, youre probably right Howard. Im still curious if theres a way to get rid of intersecting within Maya. Maybe the "clean-up" feature can do this?

Ive never done the voronoi method manually. im going to search that now and contact the maker of the plugin im using.

thanks

ZeitG
12-02-2010, 10:30 AM
but first, it would not be bad to see the wire of the object that you want to fracture.
can be a problem in it.

brainycomp
12-03-2010, 05:18 AM
seems it was the plugin. looking into some of the other plugins available for shattering.

thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2010, 05:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.