PDA

View Full Version : Fluids Effect & Particles Software interaction ( mask ) issue

Scob
12-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi folks ,

Does anyone knows how to solve a weird issue between the SW particles and the Fluids..
Actually I have some fluids ( non dynamics clouds based on internal texture ) and I need to add some particles clouds to fake a interaction between objects and the clouds ( fluids ) . The main issue is at the render the holdout is completely crap...
I have tried to increase the "volume sample override" ( until 64 ) it seems partially solve the problem but not completely ... I have 2 render pass one for the fluids the other for the particles , to keep some control at the comp time , because render the both at the same time give a weird look to the particles ...
Apparently the sprite can do the trick , I guess because it not "real" volumes , but I can't really use sprite because it s stereoscopic project ...

I have as well try to replace particles with fluid got similar result , and if I bake my textured clouds to density to create "real" interaction , the look change a lot and it become heavy as hell ....

Any help will be greatly appreciate ! :)
Thanks !

PS: hope to be understandable ....

bluehonda
12-06-2010, 03:57 AM
have you tried achieving the interaction result with fluids and not particles? i think you can have better results that way.

Scob
12-06-2010, 04:53 AM
Hi man ,

Thanks for your answer , yep I have ( quickly) try but I got quite similar result , seems that full textured fluids don't melt so well with the "full density" one ... Moreover the schedule is really short so the particles give me a faster turn around ... Anyway finally choose the sprites... Will see if it works ! :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2010, 04:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.