PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to remove the rig, leaving only the geomtry structure intact?

TLobes
11-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a method or script that can remove all the joints, locators, constraints, etc from a file leaving only the geometry under it's existing hierarchy intact?

Thanks

sergioduque
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
not sure if this is what you want but canīt you detach skin it?

TLobes
11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
It's made up of multiple pieces of geo where the joints and constraints are nested inside the heirarchy of geo. I'm looking to get only the geo and the way it's grouped, while cleaning up any joints, empty groups, or constraints left behind.

r4inm4ker
12-01-2010, 01:38 AM
try select all the geos, and then export selection, with only include texture info. You'll get the geos with all the groups, and without any rig info.

rahulsg2901
12-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Chk out this work for u. I m assuming that u gave d character pose first of all if u delete joint geometry moves to ori pos if it skinned or constraint so we have to take care that first run this

select -r `listTransforms -geometry`;
DeleteHistory;
select -cl ;
select -r `ls -type constraint`;
doDelete;
select -cl ;
select -r `listTransforms -geometry`;
invertSelection;
doDelete;

It deletes skin history from geometry & then all constraint & last all the joint joints, locators, constraints, etc

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2010, 04:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.